Ecoroute hd - Volvo s40 – nuvi 1310 - review
What is "ecoroute hd"?
"ecoroute hd" transforms your compatible Garmin nüvi® into a real-time car diagnostic computer!
It connects your car to your nuvi.
What do you need?
1. compatible Garmin nüvi. (I have the nuvi 1310 and it is compatible)
2. A car with an OBD-II port (It works fine with my volvo S40 - 2007)
3. The "ecoroute hd" which is a hardware device (from Garmin) that connects wirelessly your car to your Garmin device.
It costs about 100 euros.
What you get
Once installed and paired with your nuvi go to tools and the ecoRoute icon has a small HD symbol.
before installation of the ecoroute hd
after installation of the ecoroute hd
When you enter the menu you get 2 additional sub-menus
The 2 additional sub-menus
1. The Diagnostics page reports any error-codes from your car
2. At the "Gauges" page you get customizable gauges that monitor various things on your vehicle.
There is a very small (but acceptable- less than 1s) delay between the actual readings and the ones displayed on the nuvi.
You can select from a list (depending on the information you can retrieve from your car):
When driving instead of the usual screen:
You now Get gauges with car temperature, battery voltage and rpms:
When navigating the above screen changes to:
By connecting to your car's diagnostics port garmin ecoRoute can accurately calculate the fuel consumption and the cost of each route you make:
This page will be updated soon!